USA Messages about SignWriting on TeachASL List...

Tue Jan 10 19:18:09 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 10, 2006

I want to thank Stuart Thiessen, Stefan Woehrmann, Cherie Wren and
Jill Fuller, for your messages about SignWriting posted on the
TeachASL List recently...

TeachASL is a list of teachers of American Sign Language. Most of
them have never thought about teaching reading and writing ASL as a
part of their lessons, when teaching adults how to sign in ASL...In
fact in the past, some of them have been against reading and writing
their own language!

Thanks to the efforts of Stuart, Stefan Cherie and Jill, I think some
of the TeachASL list members are becoming interested, and now I
realize that some are actually already using SignWriting! I didn't
even realize this myself - ha!

So MANY thanks to all of you for keeping me up to date, and for
encouraging your fellow signers to take a look at SignWriting...smile...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages