SLOVENIA Welcome new member!

Fri Jan 13 16:31:17 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
January 13, 2006

Dear SW List Members!
I am happy to tell you that our first member from Slovenia is now on
the SignWriting List, Matjaz...Welcome Matjaz! I hope you will tell
us a little about your work, when you feel ready...

I have two questions...

1. Is Slovenian Sign Language, in any way similar to Czech Sign
Language or Polish Sign Language? Have the countries had influence on
each other's signed languages, like sharing teachers or sharing Deaf
events? Just curious!

2. Steve - Do you have time to create a new Slovenian SignPuddle for
us? The country code for Slovenia is SI, so the SignPuddle will be:
sgn-SI

I am still posting all the country SignBanks for download..then
lessons will begin in earnest..sorry for the delay!