signs in different cultures

Tim Grove tim_grove at SIL.ORG
Tue Jan 17 22:28:28 UTC 2006

Apologies for this post, but I just had to get in on this joke. My
mother once told me that left-handed people were the only ones in their
right minds! (I'm right handed, but my father and my brother were left
handed; so is my son. I'm not quite certain what that means for me! Hey
Neil, I'm originally from PA (Doylestown) but I'm now living in
Cheltenham, England. We are a hearing family, but use some signing with
our son (Makaton, a simplified version of BSL?) who has speech
difficulties. We are being encouraged to make more use of signing with
him and I am currently looking into starting some BSL classes through
the Deaf Association here in Gloucestershire. I'm thoroughly enjoying
the posts I read in this forum, though I guess I'm going to have to
empty my inbox one day...