Rotation Movement Arrows

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jul 11 01:06:47 UTC 2006

Cherie Wren wrote:
  > The way we sign it here, Christmas arcs AND
rotates...
  >  It arcs up like the first picture, but the
hand ends
  > up facing palm up/back toward the signer.  So
neither
  > of those pictures is quite right, it should be a
  > combination of both?

Hello Cherie -
I know you need answers for your other
questions...I have to find the pages on the web
where all your questions are explained...

But in regards to the sign for Christmas, I just
went into SignPuddle and deleted the two that were
there and re-did them for you...as you can see by
the attached, I don't see any reason to bother
constructing a fancy new movement symbol, to show
traveling and rotating in this case...they can
exist, but just putting the ending position is
enough to point out that a change in palm facing
occurred...

If you have to keep to one position only, then
yes, add the twist to the traveling symbol, but
that is one more symbol to add to the IMWA!

I will try to answer your other questions shortly -