SW Symposium in DC

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 1 17:38:55 UTC 2006

That's why I'm thinking at least a year out, with people coming from all over, not just the DC area, and truly try to launch a national user's group to focus on ASL as well as truly having a representative showing of multiple signed languages (something that was missing from Deaf Way II, to the complaint of many from Brazil, Columbia, Panama, and other South American and Central American delegates.)

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List  June 1, 2006

  Hello Charles!
  Sure. Good idea. If you can get a real working organizing committee to organize this, I am here to help the committee the best I can. I bet we can get a room to use at Gallaudet campus...if I know there are two or three people willing to commit time to be on the organizing committee, then I can contact the President's office at Gallaudet to see if it can be arranged for the space...the problem in the past is that I felt quite alone in it, and without a group to organize the event, it will not happen...

  So Charles...do you want to be a member of the organizing committee? The President's office will need contact people for the organizing committee...people located in the DC area...

  I had originally hoped to hold a Symposium after the NAD conference this summer, but I had no one to help me organize it...I can't do it alone...organizing symposiums or conferences takes a team of people...

  Val ;-)