USA SW Symposium in DC

Thu Jun 1 18:42:16 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
June 1, 2006

Charles Butler wrote:
> That's why I'm thinking at least a year out, with people coming
> from all over, not just the DC area, and truly try to launch a
> national user's group to focus on ASL as well as truly having a
> representative showing of multiple signed languages (something that
> was missing from Deaf Way II, to the complaint of many from Brazil,
> Columbia, Panama, and other South American and Central American
> delegates.)

Wonderful, Charles. Good luck with forming a US organizing committee!
Keep us informed...

Other countries use SignWriting more than we do in the United States,
so encouraging people from the United States to participate would be
great...

Of course there is always interest from other countries to enjoy
visiting Gallaudet and attending the SW Symposium while they are in
Washington DC anyway, but I hope some US people will attend too...it
is hard to get US people to even look at SignWriting because it is
from their own country...and that is not as glamorous as something
from another country...that is just human nature ;-)