USA SW Symposium in DC

Machado machado at SOFTWARELIVRE.ORG
Thu Jun 1 16:45:01 UTC 2006

Hi!

I'm trully happy that someone is working to run a Symposium on SW. I
know how hard is to make this kind of "enterprise". That's why I'm sure
that if there are someone able to do it in DC, the Symposium should be
held in DC. : )

But, if you're thinking in have many attendees, speakers, practioners
and other SW engaged people from abroad, maybe local rganizers could
consider to run the symposium somewhere else.

I say, somewhere where visa issues would be easier for Latin Americans.
We could imagine Montreal or Ottawa. These are the great cities closer
to Washington that I recall.

In the last years it has been really hard to Latin Americans to get US
visa. I'm sure that there are really good people working hard to run the
symposium and to have us there. Washington may be a beautfull place but
can be really difficult to get there.

Again, if there is plenty of people in DC who eager to make it, there is
no better place where it should be made : )

I wish the best Luck in the symposium and I look forward to help you
guys somehow.

Yours

Machado