USA SW Symposium in DC

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 2 00:25:31 UTC 2006

I want to talk about one in South America soon.  Having a symposium in the States is about the best way you can talk about it.

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List
June 1, 2006

Machado from Brazil wrote:
> Again, if there is plenty of people in DC who eager to make it,
> there is no better place where it should be made : ) I wish the
> best Luck in the symposium and I look forward to help you guys
> somehow.

Hello Machado, Charles, Shane and everyone!

Yes...exactly. Machado is correct...it is harder and harder for
people to travel today, with so many restrictions, and that is why it
is so great to have a SW Symposium in different countries, for the
people who live in that country...

We have already held a successful SW Symposium in Europe last summer,
thanks to Shane, Kathleen, Sara, Ingvild and so many others, and
another one this Autumn possibly in London...

...and now Charles, I hope you can direct the organizing committee to
hold one in the United States..the first one for United States people!

I am afraid to say the word Americans, for fear we will comfuse
others living on the American continents, so we are United-Statians!
or USAers...smile... or ASL writers ;-))

And I hope someday you can have a Symposium in Brazil and Latin
America someday too, Machado...that would be great too...

Regarding helping us, Machado, I am really touched by your ongoing
generosity...THANK YOU for your beautiful SVG symbols...they are
lovely...may I write to you privately about some details regarding
the symbols? If you wish to help us further I know exactly what we
could use...if you could help us place some of our new symbols in
your SVG style, so we have the full IMWA in your SVG
calligraphy...that would be an enormous gift which will be used for
generations to come, in several computer programs...quite soon
too...so let's Skype or talk by phone in a few days?