LESSON How to use SignPuddle like a Paint Program

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jun 20 14:51:21 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
June 20, 2006

Cherie Wren in USA wrote:
> I made that one in Paint by chopping up the U turn
> arrow and putting it back together the way I wanted
> it... how do I make it in signPuddle?

SignPuddle can be used like a Paint program too, to construct
temporary symbols, until they are added to the IMWA to become
official symbols.

Constructed symbols cannot be searched for, in the "Search by
Symbols" section of SignPuddle, like official symbols can, but they
are still perfectly readable from the readers' point of view...so you
will have the signs look the way you want them to look...

HOW TO CONSTRUCT TEMPORARY SYMBOLS IN SIGNPUDDLE

1. Go to SignMaker.
2. Click on the Limbs...the lines you use for arms and legs
3. Drag one line at a time over to the SignBox, constructing straight
lines that way...continued next message...