not all messages are posting to the SW List

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Wed Jun 21 15:25:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Shane Gilchrist O hEorpa <shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at gmai...:

> On 21/06/06, Gallant, Philippe <PGallant at mercydesmoines.org> wrote:
>
> > You may want to look it up using bulletin board method instead using email
> > lists.  More information, look it up at www.phpbb.com.  I think this will
> > beneficial for us to use.  We can separate the different topics, countries,
> > and many more.  Also, we can use search to find what we need to review.
> > Hope this helps

I'm with Shane when he says ...

> some people prefer this type rather than go on the public board...

Mailing lists are preferable for being passive reminders, someone sends a
message the subscribers get a copy. Whereas bulletin boards require
deliberate activity on the part of every member. In the past whenever
mailing lists have converted to bulletin boards I've lost interest because
I forget to check the web site. Irregular visits to a BB system result in
my having to deal with too many messages at one time. Better a trickle of
emails than wading through a sea of messages; my dyslexic mind can't cope
with either remembering to check or the huge volume of text that has to be
read.

phpBB is highly reliant on the php scripting language. There have been
several occasions when errors in php have seriously compromised the
security of phpBB; not least being that spammers can scrape email
addresses or other personal information of participants. The very
occasional problem with the mailing list software is preferable to all our
inbox being spammed until eternity ends or even subscriber being victim of
identity theft.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!