Young children learning SignWriting?

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Jun 22 20:47:16 UTC 2006

Anne, I agree with you 100%. I think this can be one way to avoid the
language gap that many deaf children face. If hearing parents could
understand that they can invest in their child by giving them sign
language in both "spoken" and written form at an early age, then they
will not have that linguistic dysfunction that happens when they miss
that window of language learning. With that language investment, then
they can utilize the knowledge they have gained through the use of sign
language to be able to learn what they can of spoken languages.

Someday ... someday ... :)

Stuart