Picture examples of SW Symbols

Thu Mar 2 23:15:05 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
March 2, 2006

Steve Slevinski wrote:
> Just playing around, I used the pictures that Val sent to me to
> create a new SignText.  It's kind of fun.
> http://signbank.org/signpuddle/LearnIMWA

Hello Steve!
Once again, you are creating magic!

Look at this idea, everyone. If we can provide Steve with small
graphics files that represent the different symbols in the IMWA, then
Steve can develop a teaching tool like this...

The pictures would show up on the Symbol Palette, but when you drag
and drop the picture to the SignBox, the actual SignWriting symbol
appears instead! Nice idea, huh? This could provide automatic visual
instruction without any words...smile...

What do you all think? People could choose to use the SignText with
illustrations, or the SignText without illustrations, and end up with
the same Sign Sentences...smile!