Snail Mail

Tue Mar 7 07:33:40 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
March 6, 2006

> Frank in Florida wrote:
>> I queried you for my new appendix because I see no point in
>> reinventing the wheel.

Hello Frank and Everyone!
Thank you for that, Frank...I think the ASL Dictionary I sent you
provides you with around 30 pages in section five that describe some
of the symbols...You can take your description from that dictionary.
Also, when I sent you the packet of information in the mail earlier,
there was included a New York Times article about SignWriting, and
several Year-End Reports. One of the Year-End Reports, for 2002 I
believe, is a 6-page write up about SignWriting, so between all the
printed materials I sent you, I bet you can create a synopsis of
SignWriting...feel free to use those materials.

SignPuddle and SignText are computer programs developed and
programmed by Steve Slevinski.

And you can find a write-up about Charles Butler on this web page:
http://signwriting.org/library/history/hist009.html

And if you could give the readers our web sites, I would appreciate
that very much... Many thanks!!

Web Sites for people to contact:

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages