SIGNTEXT Creating Documents

Sun Mar 19 18:14:55 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
March 19, 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> Document formatting with SignText is very weak at the present
> moment.  The best place to copy from is the Display page.  This
> page has each sign as an individual graphic.  However, this page is
> only available if you are online.
> Document formatting is on my to do list.  If you have any feedback
> or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

For now, while we are waiting for Steve's new features, there are
some things you can do, Kathleen.

1. You can email the sentence to yourself! Then print it from your
email software, like you would print any email message.

2. Do a screen capture of the sentence in the Display Window.

Here is how to make a screen capture:

Macintosh...
Shift-Command-3...captures the entire screen
Shift-Command-4...captures just the area you select with a cross-hair
symbol

Windows...
"Print Screen Key" captures the entire screen
"Alt-Print Screen Key" captures just the Window you are in.

3. Once you have a screen capture...that becomes a graphics file and
you bring the graphics file into any Microsoft Word document...

I haven't added this instruction to the SignText Manual yet...

Want to try number 1 above and see if you can print from an email
message to yourself? Try it and write to tell us what happened!

The SignMail icon is in the Options section of SignText...