Charles....Sorting Dictionaries ;-)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 22 18:28:31 UTC 2006

Just went through the Guidance on 2004 and it is clear and very well matched to what I have.  I just need to get my stuff on SignBank.

  Charles

Charles Butler <chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
    I've got to go through the signs on the Brazilian SignPuddle and ensure that none of them are pure graphics (about 1/3 of them are).  I wouldn't mind if Steve simply removed the graphics/non-SWML them and I started over.  I tried to get them all at one point but failed miserably in reconstruction.  I've got to reload a lot of them.  I tried, at one point, to ensure that I had at least one sign per handshape to make it a good start but haven't had the time (working two jobs).

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List   March 21, 2006

  Hello Charles and Everyone!
  Many thanks for this question, Charles!

  I know you hav! e an excellent dictionary and did so much hard work. Everything you mention below can be done in SignBank. So whenever you feel ready, I can teach you how to add your signs to SignBank, from SignPuddle. Once you have the signs added to SignBank, in the SignBank Editor program you will tell the program what symbols within each sign, you want to sort first, second or third...that is called a SignSpelling Sequence...there is a Spelling column and you tell the program which handshape starts the sign etc etc...and everything is placed in a sequence as you mention below...the contacts, the location, the depth, the height...if you feel you need all that detail you can place it in there, or you can choose a very simple Spelling sequence...then once you have saved all the SignSpelling sequence-data in SignBank, you can then sort dictionaries by either the Roman alphabet or the Sign-Symbol-Sequence...and so you can print vocabulary lists or complete dictionaries, in a
 completely bi-lingua! l or multi-lingual way...so it is a flexible tool and you tell it what you want...

  Do you have some signs ready? Do you want to start to add them to SignBank now?

  Val ;-)