FRENCH-SWISS Sign for Cognac

Anne-Claude Pr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=laz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Mon May 1 19:43:01 UTC 2006

Thanks a lot for your answer!

> De : "Valerie Sutton" <sutton at signwriting.org>
> Répondre à : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> Date : Mon, 1 May 2006 07:11:53 -0700
> À : sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> Objet : [sw-l] FRENCH-SWISS Sign for Cognac
>
> SignWriting List
> May 1, 2006
>
> Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod from French-Switzerland wrote:
>> I 'm not sure about where I'm supposed to write the circles in this
>> particular sign /COGNAC/...should the circle be written underneath
>> or on top of the sign....I couldn't fin d arule about circle
>> placment in the e-lessons....
>
> Hello Anne-Claude and SW List!
> The circle can be placed above or below...either choice is fine. Did
> you know that the placement of the arrows on the circle shows exactly
> where the circle begins?
I know that.... and as you explain in the e-lessons that the handshape
generally has to be placed at the beginning of the arrow.... (spelling
rules) I was wondering if the rule was the same for circles... placing the
handshape near the arrows!! (because it's the place the movement begins!

The arrows on the thinner part of the circle
> means that the hand starts the circles far away from the chest. The
> arrows on the fatter (darker) part of the circle means the hand
> starts the circles closer to the chest...
>
> So if possible, placing the handshape near the arrows on the circle
> is easier to read, and therefore if I were to choose, I would choose
> your first writing (see attached)...but that is not a rule....just my
> personal preference...so both writings are fine!
I prefer placing the handshape near the arrow too... it's more logical with
the other spelling rules!

Anny