FRENCH-SWISS Sign for FROMAGER

Mon May 1 21:18:26 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 1st, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> thanks for your answer... I'll keep the star contact then ....
> I was just wondering if it was too many information meaning the
> same (the
> arrow already means there is contact between the 2 hands...)

Hello Anny and Everyone -
Technically, the General Arrow does not actually assume contact...The
General Arrow means overlapping or blending paths...Although usually
that means the two hands contact, there are some exceptions where the
two hands do not touch, but the paths blend together anyway...Imagine
your left hand dripping with white paint...and imagine your right
hand dripping with black paint. When they are very close to each
other, the white and black paint blend together to make one General
movement path...the General Arrow means that the black and white
paths have merged or blended, with or without contact...