FRENCH-SWISS Sign For Conge

Tue May 2 19:01:00 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 2, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I don¹t understand what¹s the difference between one/2/ 3 or 4
> double waves ?!?!?! In this sign  « congé » (LSF Switzerland) the
> thumbs are contacting the chest on each side, and all other fingers
> move alternatively, which « Moving alternatively symbol » should I
> use in this spécific situation ? And did we place the symbols
> correctly (same orientation as the hands) ?!?!

Hello Anny -
Your writing looks good...see attached for more information...I put
numbers above each symbol column there...Number 1 is a single
alternating trill in one direction only. Number 2 is down and then
up. Or up and then down...so Number 2 is a trill in two directions.
Number 3 is three directions, but most people use it for Multiple.
and number 4 is MANY...lots!  Also see my writing of the sign in the
SignBox in the attached diagram...you can write it with or without a
shoulder line and it will be understood...I added that version to
your SignPuddle online...