FRENCH-SWISS Sign for NUIT

Wed May 3 15:37:15 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 3, 2006

> Anny from French-Switzerland wrote:
> I could I write this sign for /NIGHT/ (NUIT) differently so that
> one knows the two arms ending position is not right arm on top of
> left arm... but left arm slightly closer to the body than the right
> arm (the 2 arms do not contact one another...)

Hello Anny and Everyone!
There are several ways to show one hand or arm in front of the other.

There are now 3 versions in your SignPuddle...See number 2 in the
attached...In this case, I have darkened the arm line that is closer
to the chest...Plus, if you write the arrows crossing each other,
that can also help to make it clearer...I hope to improve the arrows
in the IMWA later, to show that one arrow is in front of the
other...that will also help...but just darkening the arm line is
enough to read it well...