POLAND sign for GORY

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 17 14:14:41 UTC 2006

>From the video, the motion happens once on each hand, not twice, so I would think No. 4 would need to be adjusted.

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List
May 16, 2006

> Lucy wrote:
>> Is this sign for GÓRY (MOUNTAINS) written right?
>> http://www.effatha.lap.pl/gory.swf

Hello Everyone, and Lucy!
Thank you for sharing this fascinating sign with us...Videos can look
different to people, so here is a word description of what is written
in each sign below...Then you can tell us what fits best with the
sign you know, or perhaps a combination of these:

gory 1
cupped hands moving right, left, right, left
the movement is a curve down-forward-down (hitting the horizon, the
front wall, on the way down...like the sign for pregnant...this is a
forward curve, not a side curve)

gory 2
flat-angle hands move in a three-quarter curve parallel to the front
wall, up and around right, and then up and around left, finishing down

gory 3
flat-angle hands do two alternating but simultaneous circles parallel
to the wall...while the right hand is down on the inside, the left
hand is up on the outside....the double arrowhead tells you it is two
circles...

gory 4
gently-angled hands move right, left, right, left in a half curve
down and to the inside...finishing hands pointing down

hope this gives some good choices...and something to discuss!