SOUTH AFRICA how to send email in SignWriting

Tue May 30 15:34:27 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 30, 2006

> On May 30, 2006 Sebolelo Nhlapo from South Africa wrote:
>> hello,sutton. i am interesting the sw but how can i use about
>> signwriting in computer that i like to sign and writing for email.
>> i am hear foward from you. thanks sebo

Hello Sebo and SW List members!
Thank you for this question. I will be happy to teach you.

Two computer programs have SignWriting Email:

1. SignPuddle
Create SignMail with Word-Glosses
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

2. SignText
Create SignMail without any spoken language
http://signbank.org/signpuddle/signtext/signtext.html

To use SignText...
I will teach you how to send email with SignText next message!!

To use SignPuddle...
we will need to create a special SignPuddle for your country. Do you
want a South African SignPuddle? It is so much fun, and I hope you
say yes!   It is free.   Take a look at some of the other countries
right now....Go to:

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and click on a flag for a country to see their dictionary....

Once there is a South African SignPuddle, I can teach you how to send
email with it...so please write back to request it, if you want it...

See next message for SignText instruction...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List