Small-Size SW in ASL Dictionaries Posted

Wed May 31 21:00:16 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
May 31, 2006

Dear SW List!
Three new dictionary-documents, produced with the new SignBank 8, are
now available on the web. It is best to print them on paper, since
the smaller size SignWriting is easier to read on paper than on the
computer screen. On paper, the small-sized SignWriting is crisp and
clean...

ASL-English, English-ASL Dictionary for printing (770 kb)
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0332-Suttons-ASL-English-
Dict-May06.pdf

ASL-English Dictionary (195 kb)
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0333-ASL-English-Dict-
Print-SmallSize.pdf

English-ASL Dictionary (185 kb)
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0334-English-ASL-Dict-
Print-SmallSize.pdf

SignBank 8 makes it possible to print SignWriting at smaller sizes,
while still printing on normal size paper...the SignWriting shrinks
without the paper size shrinking ;-))

So these PDF documents have smaller-size SignWriting, but when you
print on your machine, just print at 100 per cent normal size and you
will see the SignWriting is a clear and clean at a smaller
size...great for ink jet printers!

I hope this works well on A4 printers as well as US letter size
paper...if someone wants to test it printing on A4 I would like to
know if all the margins are clean and you can read everything without
anything being cut off by the printer...

I hope to have SignBank 8 with the new IMWA 1.4 ready by Autumn,
2006...just in time for the school year!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting