MALAYSIA SignWriting Paper accepted at a conference

Thu Nov 2 19:46:05 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 2, 2006

Aisha Ahmed from Malaysia wrote:

> Dear Valerie and Sign Writing List,
> I am pleased to inform you that the paper I wrote on "SignWriting
> on Mobile Phones for the Deaf" has been accepted at the 3rd IEE
> Mobility Conference. It was presented by my co-author who was my
> supervisor for the project in Bangkok, Thailand. His name is Daniel
> Su Kuen Seong. It will also be published in the ACM (Association
> for Computing Machinery) digital library. Please visit this site
> for more information. http://www.mobilityconference.org/go/
> programme/programme-at-a-glance/.
> This is a very exciting time for me, and I hope for you all too. My
> happiness probably has no bounds right now.
> Thank you very much for your time,patience and effort.
> Warmest regards,
> Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed

Hello Aisha and Dr. Daniel Su Kuen Seong!

I am deeply honored and impressed by this news...and congratulations,
Aisha, for your hard work. I know you worked many long hours on this
project. THANK YOU, for sharing this good news with the SignWriting
List!

I visited the above web pages you mentioned and it is very impressive...

If you have permission, by the conference rules, to share portions of
your paper, or perhaps even the full paper, with us, I will be very
happy to post it on our web site, in the SignWriting PDF Archive for
download by our site visitors...That would very good for SignWriting,
and would help inform the world that SignWriting indeed can be on
Mobile Phones...

SignWriting PDF Archive
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive

If you wish me to post something for you, please send me the
documents to my private email address:

Valerie Sutton
signwriting at mac.com

Thanks once again and congratulations Aisha!!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting