handicapped child - able to listen and understand - unable to speak

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Nov 12 18:36:32 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
November 12, 2006

Charles Butler wrote:
> I believe that part of Fernando Capovilla's work in Sao Paulo is
> specifically addressing this kind of situation.  He is working not
> only with the Deaf but with people with speech impediments and
> specific physical handicaps where speech is difficult.

Hello Charles and Stefan....
Yes...that is true. Dr. Fernando Capovilla has used SignWriting and
also works with multiply-handicapped people....

Perhaps you can write to Dr. Capovilla, Stefan?...

You can read more about his work at the University of Sao Paulo here:

SignWriting in Brazil
http://www.SignWriting.org/brazil

Val ;-)