SignText can now print to PDF

Fri Sep 1 14:17:20 UTC 2006

SignWriting List
September 1, 2006

K.J. Boal wrote:
> I've been playing with this for over an hour.  I love it!  Great
> job, Steve!
> Kelly Jo

Hi Kelly Jo!
It is really fun to try all the possible combinations of features,
for creating different styles of PDFs, isn't it? I played for hours
myself with creating PDFs in color, going sideways, going down, with
lines, without lines, different spacing...so many choices!

The five sentences for the O Canada document could be put together
into one document, before you create the PDF. That way you will have
one PDF instead of five...

There are two ways to put the five sentences together, into one long
document, before creating the PDF...

1. paste them together in SWML, and then create the PDF
(instructions will be coming)

2. make 5 PDFs...one for each sentence...and then download a freeware
program that makes it possible to combine PDFs..there are several
programs like that for Windows and Mac

Anyway..that is one of my next jobs...to update our SignText Manual
with instructions on this...

Thank you for the O Canada document, Kelly Jo...I look forward to
studying it shortly ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
Create Sign Language Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create Sign Language Dictionaries
http://www.SignPuddle.org

4. SignText
Create Sign Language Documents
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/signtext

5. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

6. DanceWriting
Read & Write Dance Movement
http://www.DanceWriting.org

7. MovementWriting