question on SSS

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Apr 2 23:28:09 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
April 2, 2007

Hello Anny and Steve and Adam!
Thanks for the question, Anny, and a special thanks to Steve, for
programming this amazing new program that allows us to place our
signs in sequence, so we can sort dictionaries by the symbols of
SignWriting...

And thanks, Adam, for explaining it so well...you did a good job
explaining a very hard subject...

We are fortunate, because although we already had this ability in
SignBank, the process used to be very slow, but now with Steve's
wonderful new feature in SignPuddle 1.5, we can place the signs in
the proper SignSpelling Sequence much faster, and can then import the
signs quickly into SignBank, to print large dictionaries sorted by
Sign-Symbol-Sequence.

The past month has been an amazing month, regarding the placing of
signs in sequence...

Because of SignPuddle 1.5, I finally placed around 1,844 signs into
SignSpelling Sequence in SignPuddle 1.5. Right now, Anny, if you open
the ASL Dictionary in SignPuddle 1.5 on the web, you will find those
1,844 signs there...all with the SignSpellings listed beside each
sign. They are mixed up with other signs that have not been completed
yet, which means it may seem hard to find them, but you can see when
a sign has received its SignSpelling Sequence, because it will look
something like this, with the SignSpelling Sequence in grey to the
right of the sign: