SignPuddle 1.5 - Method 3

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 8 00:14:39 UTC 2007

The problem was that it was drag_and_drop until yesterday.  I could take ANY sign from Sign Puddle 1.0 or SignPuddle 1.5 and the command was "copy" not "copy file" and it took the image as a jpg, not an XML, and moved it as a graphic. It may still work for you on the MacIntosh, but on my XP it will not longer work in IE or in Firefox, and I have no idea why.  Now the link is to a file, not a graphic, it is an xml link, not an actual picture.

  I can no longer clip a graphic, and put a description next to it in an email.  It resolutely will not let me do the discussions as it did yesterday.

  I can clip any file I want, and put them in as separate diagrams, but I cannot put the ASL word as I could only yesterday.

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote:
  SignPuddle 1.5
HOW TO COPY SIGNS INTO AN EMAIL MESSAGE OR DOCUMENT

METHOD THREE:
1. Place your mouse on top of the sign in SignPuddle 1.5.

2. Hold down your mouse and drag the sign to the desktop.

3. On the Macintosh (and some other computers), the sign will copy
automatically to the desktop, with its full name, like this:

4. Once it is on your desktop as a PNG, you can insert it or copy it
or attach it to email messages, and use in other documents, such as
Microsoft Word.

And there are other methods too, depending on the computer!

Every operating system differs slightly. You can also take screen
captures of signs, and in some programs, you can drag and drop
directly into the email software...but that differs from program to
program...