A new era

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 9 19:09:29 UTC 2007

Skype or Video Phone is exactly what I meant by face to face. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough, but I do have both. If you want to contact me, I can send my information privately, and we can set up a time.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jonathan" <duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:54:38
To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] A new era

Adam Frost wrote: There are a lot of things. The problem is that I don't know what everyone knows and doesn't know. One thing you know about and I don't are the surface symbols.  I remember you had used them in a question you had asked Val about planes and both hand moving together.  Could you explain the surface symbols?
 But I will be more than glad to give support as issues come up. One of the main reasons I visited Val was so that she could teach me one on one. Val and I both hope that I will be able to learn and be skilled enough to be a "traveling teacher" and teach workshops because we all know that traveling is hard on her now. I could try my best to also help online, but I now see that the one on one face to face is truely the best way. My best suggestion would be, if face to face is not possible, is to send writings to the list, then I will be able to give feedback, and with Steve and Val's great work with SignPuddle and SignMail as well as other areas, that is very possible. :-) I live in Central America so one on one isn't feasible.  The Deaf communities owe a lot  to Steve and Val for all of their hard work which has made writing signs and especially online possible.  Thanks to the two of you!!!  Your work is helping both the deaf and those helping the deaf!!!  I got my first gli!
 mpse of the working SignPuddle this past week.  I also took a bit more time online to check out the Instruction Videos. Hope to get a bit of time latter to try them out more fully.

     What is currently the best way to pass SignText bookmarks to the new SignPuddle1.5?

 Now, if anyone has a video phone or even a skype, we can coordinate a time to do a face to face. To be honest, that is the best way because ASL is my native language and I am very visual. Adam -----Original Message----- From: "Jonathan" <duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>: <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca> Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:39:31 To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu: <mailto:To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> Subject: Re: [sw-l] A new era Adam Frost wrote: I feel so lucky. This past weekend and the beginning half of this week I am with Val. She has been teaching me all of the improvements that Steve has done with SignPuddle. Wow! He has done such a wonderful job. Now Val and I are working together and I am asking all sorts of questions about the SignWriting system that have either been vague or confusing for me. Adam,     That is really great!!  Now you will be able share all of that lovely information with the rest of us when Val is busy on other projects.  Is there anything!
  in particular that you have found interesting or could be of benefit for the rest of us sign writers?     Congratulations on being part of the DAC. Jonathan I am even more excited now because she has invited me to be a member of the DAC. She and I have talked about what my job will be. Needless to say, I am very excited to work more closely to make my dream of having my language be a written language with a library of literary works. Just thought that I'd drop a quick note to the list so that you know what is going on (and maybe why Val seems quiet because she and I are working a lot behind the scenes. ;-) Adam

--

 Jonathan