SignPuddle 1.5 reaction and feedback

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 10 15:50:38 UTC 2007

Please readd me as an editor in SignPuddle Brazilian Portuguese.  I am now not able to continue my work on editing all the signs (I was the originator for 9/10ths of them).  I had started going through and putting them all in SSS and reviewing them, please help.

Steve Slevinski <slevin at signpuddle.net> wrote:  Hi list,

I'm back from my trip and ready to dive back to work on SignPuddle 1.5. I'm very pleased with 1.5 and I hope you are too.

The first thing I need to do is recompile my todo list and figure out what's next.  Lots to do.

Translators needed!
------------------------
SignPuddle is now available in French and Norwegian.
http://signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=4&sgn=49
http://signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=3&sgn=69

If you want  to help translate SignPuddle into your language,  please let me know.

Feedback, requests and problems
While I have enough to keep me busy for quite some time, I want people to be able to use SignPuddle comfortably.  1.5 is a giant step forward in usability and flexibility.  I'm always open to feedback, requests and problem reports.

If you encounter a problem, please include enough information so that I can understand the problem.  I'll need to know the operating system, browser, version numbers and steps to reproduce the problem.  The more information I have, the easier it is to reproduce a problem and the quicker I can solve it.

Thanks!
----------
I'm really happy to be able to work with Val and all of you.  This is going to be a great year.

Regards,
-Steve

Steve Slevinski wrote:   Hi Cherie,

There is no limit for SignText documents in 1.5.

Regards,
-Steve

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
WOW, that is easy.  I just transferred Humpty Dumpty.  I will do the others just as soon as I get back from letting the elementary school watch my snake eat.  Is there a length limit in 1.5?  Itsy Bitsy Spider, for example is broken into two parts.  Can I put them together, or should I keep them separate?

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

        "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu   04/10/2007 01:06 AM           Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

  sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu       cc

      Subject
  [sw-l] Transferring SignText 1.0 docs to SignPuddle 1.5

SignWriting List
April 9, 2007

HOW TO TRANSFER A SIGNTEXT 1.0 DOCUMENT,
TO A SIGNPUDDLE 1.5 LITERATURE DICTIONARY ONLINE

1. Open SignPuddle 1.5 and open the Literature SignPuddle you want to
copy into...

(such as the ASL Literature Puddle)

2. Click on the bookmark of the old SignText 1.0 document that you
want to transfer.

3. That will load the bookmark into the browser window.

4. In the url, replace everything before the ? with:

http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/canvas.php?

5. Press Return.

6. Give the document a title in SignPuddle 1.5