ASL captions on Videos

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 17 01:31:06 UTC 2007

I like it too... now I feel that I can look from the sign to the SW and have
enough time to process both... and the smaller size is certainly still
readable!  In fact, the hardest part for me this time was reading the
signing itself, because the video is seriously bitmapped on my computer!

One interesting point to note... my mom is learning SW too... she's been an
interpreter for about 30 years, but she'd have trouble learning SW from this
system.  I don't know how many other people have this particular problem,
but she can't read signing on a video!  She managed to get her certification
before because the exam used a film projected to life-size... but she just
can't process it from the smaller screen.  Does anyone else on the list know
anyone with a similar problem?

KJ