i'm back :)

Adam P Valerius DSC webmaster at SKORE.CC
Wed Aug 22 17:26:41 UTC 2007

Val,

To tell you the truth I haven't used tactile signing in 3 years. I miss it.
I'm having a very hard time reading ASL & PSE visually but every signer
who's here for me to get with in Cincinnati, OH, USA does NOT want me
reading their signs tactually. That *SUCKS*! I have been rejected by the
Deaf-Blind for 3 1/2 years straight & I don't know where to go to get back
with them. My teacher for Deaf-Blind Interpreting Class @ Cincinnati State
College told me to move to Seattle, WA, USA to get back with the Deaf-Blind.
Maybe I should look into moving to Seattle. But Seattle's cost-to-live is
very expensive. I miss the Deaf-Blind a lot! They are my good friends! When
I'm with the Deaf-Blind I like to communicate in ASL/PSE tactually both ways
(the DB person reads me tactually and I read him/her tactually). I read in a
book by an ASL interpreter who often works with the Deaf-Blind that it makes
the Deaf-Blind feel more "at home" when they meet a sighted person who can
read ASL/PSE tactually. Of course I can :). I have some undiagnosed visual
processing deficit that is getting in my way of reading ASL/PSE visually.

I enjoyed our conversations in 2005 too :). It sure is nice knowing you &
watching SW develop.

As for the accessible computing, I wish I could afford that technology. I
own a brand-new laptop but I gotta read the emails in print since the
refreshable Braille costs $1,000s. I miss working with Braille. It was fun
in 2003 working with Braille on my spare time. I've loved Braille since I
was introduced to it @ the age of 6 (BTW now I'm 23 & on 11/19 I'll be 24 &
there's so much more). Once I have a job, maybe I can save up for that
technology. It's just very expensive and no one will buy it for me cuz I'm
sighted. I'm only going to work part-time so that I still have a lot of free
time & do NOT jeopardize my government benefits.

Later,

Adam P. Valerius, DSC