Writing Number 16 in ASL

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 22 19:23:06 UTC 2007

On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:21 PM, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us wrote:
> of course, the question then becomes, how would you sign 367?  As a
> page number...  Are you going to use the more formal 3C, or 3with
> closing dots...  and will you add the upward twist to 67?  What
> about 22?  will you just show one number with a movement arrow, or
> two palm down 2s?  What about 1367?  How are we going to
> standardize this?!   ::runs screaming::  Sorry, its been a long
> day....

Ha! Ok Ok....no more discussion on standard page numbers...

I will follow the votes so far for the number 16, but just write the
best I can for the other page numbers....

Let's not worry about it!

Funny...everytime a discussion comes up about standardization it
creates tension because people have the need to write as they feel
it, and that is totally understandable...

So if, when you see your first draft of my layout of your documents,
for editing purposes, and you see a page number that looks funny to
you, you can tell me and we can take it from there!

Thanks for all your input everyone and have a great day...take some
time off and relax and enjoy the August days...;-))

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help