AW: [sw-l] Writing Number 16 in ASL

Thu Aug 23 08:37:52 UTC 2007

Hi Val,

I can understand your idea -
and in addition to that ( instead of a critical but ..)
my brain would start to work on that - instead just reading what is meant
... same thing happens with coloured SW-documents ...

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. August 2007 08:41
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: [sw-l] Writing Number 16 in ASL

On Aug 22, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> well otherwise there are two hand
> symbols presented and you have to figure out whether you are
> dealing with a
> two handed sign, or a typo .., or what ??

Hi Stefan!
Thanks for your good comments, and thanks to Charles too ;-)

And I thought of the two-handed sign issue too, for the ten handshape
that has the white palm (the sign top right)...that could be either
left or right hand...so you are right that could be mis-read without
the movement arrow...good point...

I am glad to see you like the first one, Stefan and Charles...that
would make it easier since we are used to that writing...I actually
like the bottom right one too...I don't think that can be confused
with two handed signs...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help