First Draft of the Binary SignWriting proposal for 2008

Sun Dec 2 19:08:34 UTC 2007

Hi Val,

Val wrote:
> So here is my question...
> Do I need to be sure to not have more than 50 symbols within one
> group, and not more than 5 variations for one symbol?

No, not at all.  The maximum numbers I give are examples.  They will be
set for 2008 to whatever is in the ISWA.  They can change for 2009.  For
binary, we're going as small as possible.

The only requirement I have is that fill doesn't go above 6 and rotation
not above 16.  The variations can go as large as you need.  I have BSW
optimized for 5 variations max, 1 bit per variation.  This information
is needed for the SignMaker variation special command.

-Steve
http://www.signpuddle.net

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help