new years resolution

Cherie Wren CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Tue Dec 4 19:05:01 UTC 2007

I've seen    NEW YEAR PROMISE  in addition to the ones Adam mentioned...

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328

sw-l-request at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent by: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
12/04/2007 11:07 AM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
SW-L Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

To:
"'SignWriting List'" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Subject:
[sw-l] sign for New year's pledge
Hi Adam and ASL signers,

is there a typical sign in ASL for   ?New Years?s pledge?

Stefan :-)

Hello Stefan!
Just a quick question...Do you mean "New Year's resolution"? instead
of New Year's pledge?

The words "pledge" and "resolution" do mean similar things in
English, but a standard phrase in English is "New Year's resolution",
which is a pledge to do certain things in the New Year...;-)

So everyone - how would you write "New Year's resolution" in ASL?

I haven't a clue ;-))

Val ;-)

----- Message from Adam Frost <icemandeaf at gmail.com> on Tue, 4 Dec 2007
16:17:54 +0000 -----