Andre - formatting in Microsoft Word

Gagnon et Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Mon Dec 17 14:37:53 UTC 2007

Hi Val and everyone,

    I clicked on the sign in the Word docuement.  I clicked on format
picture.  I could see all of the colors on the color palette in Word.   I
could change only background color.  But, I couldn't change sign color.

André

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at mac.com>
To: "SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 4:43 PM
Subject: [sw-l] Andre - formatting in Microsoft Word

SignWriting List
December 14, 2007

Gagnon et Thibeault wrote:
> The sign image is yellow/orange on black.  I clicked on customize
> sign (button).  When I colicked on background color and sign color,
> I cannot see all of the colors on the color palette (all black
> colors).  For a MS word, when I clicked on font, I can see all of
> the colors on the color palette (green, rouge, yellow, white,.....).
> André

Hi Andre -
We need to ask Steve why you cannot see the Color Palette in
SignPuddle...that may be your web browser...I don't know. I wish you
could just reverse your screen to see everything in Windows XP...

However, did you know that you can also customize the look of a sign
(a picture or graphic) once it is in Microsoft Word?

In Microsoft Word...

1. Once the sign is in Word, click on the sign in the Word document.
A little box forms around the sign, which means you have "selected
the sign as a graphic file" inside Word...

2. Then under the Format Menu, choose Picture...You can change the
color of the sign and its background color (the box around the sign)
to different colors inside Word...I do not know all the features of
Word however...you will need to test it a little...

The color palette you refer to in Word that shows up, is for text,
but right now, the signs from SignPuddle are considered graphics...so
they are two different formats in Word...