AW: [sw-l] Merry Christmas!

Thu Dec 20 22:22:46 UTC 2007

Hi Chris, Valerie and friends,

thank you for your kind feedback ...

and Chris ... of couse you can use the cards to spread the message about
this invention - now we can write any SignLanguage of the world -
the old myth that SL are languages without a written form is still to be
read in several publications ... I cannot understand.

I love these greetingscards to express feelings of solidarity and
friendship. In the long run it should be possible to build a collection with
SignWriting messages for all possible events - just as we know from Spoken
languages -

The card you mention says : I whish you a Merry Christmas - Stefan (my sign
name)

All the best

Stefan ;.)

The attached card says : This is a beautiful day - (ASL)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Chris Cox
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2007 22:17
An: 'SignWriting List'
Betreff: RE: [sw-l] Merry Christmas!

Hi Val (and Stefan),

Just in case you are still around in the run up to the festivities, my
apologies to you and Stefan but I have not had the time recently to visit as
much of the available material as I should have done. As you say the visit
to the German site has been another eye opener for me

On the other hand, just before you wrote I did find a wealth of information
about Stefan's many activities on the general Internet so I had already
begun to understand the extent of my most recent gaff :-)

Can I ask Stefan? can I pass on the card to others with suitable attribution
to its author please? but also it would be nice if I could provide a
translation of the actual message in English please - I think it is a
wonderful advertisement.

Val, thank you so much for so many detailed explanations - I will certainly
provide a snapshot of the intentions of our project early in January and any
progress that we might have achieved by mid/end January.

All the best

Chris