Video Transcription Lessons in SignWriting

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 1 22:40:45 UTC 2007

I'm game for the handwritting course.
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:37:44
To:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Video Transcription Lessons in SignWriting

SignWriting List
January 1st, 2006

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> what a great project...If you do plan to teach this from february
> on... I really want to learn from you too!!!
> in January I still have tons to do... but from february on... it
> should get better. I quit my job (interpreting) in march... so will
> have more free time since then!! Let us know when you plan to start
> this!!! Anny

Hello Anny and Everyone!
It is my hope that we can write and publish new SignWriting
Literature in 2007.

The Video Transcription lessons on the SW List could help us prepare
some new literature for publication...So it would help us in two
ways..provide instruction and give us a partly finished document ;-)

To do this we must have participants...So you are the first, Anny, to
express interest. February is fine with me. What about February 5th -
19th for a short video transcription course?

Any others want to learn to transcribe a video in February on the SW
List? need at least three people...

Thank you for your positive response, Anny!

Val ;-)

PS. I also realize there is a request for a Handwriting course...we
could do a two-week course in Handwriting starting Monday, January
8th - Monday, January 22nd. Anyone game? need at least three people
willing to participate with me...I will give you a sentence written
in SignWriting by computer and we will learn to write that same
sentence by hand...and I will show you the techniques I would use to
write it plus create a chart of handwritten symbols for you on the
web...if we don't do it in January, we could do it in March...one
course a month is plenty for all of us!