Video Transcription Lessons in SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 2 02:33:00 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
January 1, 2007

On Jan 1, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Kimberley Shaw wrote:
> So, I'll go practice, practice, practice ...

Smile...well if you decide later you would like to practice on some
more ASL video transcription, then sign up for the free course...At
the moment we have one student signed up for each course (or Stefan
did you say you want to participate too? then we have two...)...Of
course we don't have to do any of this...it was just an idea to
help...Movement transcription of a foreign signed language is also a
fascinating experience that is not based on knowledge of the language
you are transcribing...that is why we chose Japanese Sign Language in
the previous course...because as the teacher I did not want students
to influence their transcription by a prior knowledge of the
language...so there are definitely different ways to transcribe and
prior knowledge of the language is not necessarily important
depending on how I shape the course.... Val ;-)

------

SW Handwriting Course on SW List
January 8th - January 22nd

Active Participants
1. Adam Frost
2.
3.

-------

SW Video Transcription Course on SW List
in the middle of February...

Active Participants
1. Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod
2.