FRENCH-SWISS sign for ECSTASY

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 2 16:55:10 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
January 2, 2007

And when the Middle Joint moves...there are two dots...a dark one and
a hollow or light one. We now have some cute names for these
movements....SQUEEZE and FLICK....These names are good ones in
English. But it may be that it is hard to translate them into other
languages...

In the case of the sign for ECSTASY in French-Swiss Sign Language, I
feel the movement is a FLICK....an opening of the Middle Joint of the
thumb, so that it becomes a straight finger. The Middle Joint does
move (open), so it needs a hollow dot. Notice in the attached
diagram, the US sign for UNDERSTAND finishes with a perfectly
straight finger, but the movement was from the Middle Joint, so it
took a dot...and notice the dots are on the ending position...the
result of the motion...