Video Transcription Lessons in SignWriting

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Wed Jan 3 12:16:36 UTC 2007

I would like the handwriting course, might give the video transcription a
try, and I have been waiting for a SignBank class for...  a very long time
too.  ::grin::

cherie

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
01/02/2007 08:59 PM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] Video Transcription Lessons in SignWriting

>Hello Anny and Everyone!
>It is my hope that we can write and publish new SignWriting  Literature
in
>2007.
>
>The Video Transcription lessons on the SW List could help us prepare some

>new literature for publication...So it would help us in two ways..provide

>instruction and give us a partly finished document ;-)
>
>To do this we must have participants...So you are the first, Anny, to
>express interest. February is fine with me. What about February 5th -
19th
>for a short video transcription course?
>
>Any others want to learn to transcribe a video in February on the SW
List?
>need at least three people...
>
>Thank you for your positive response, Anny!
>
>Val ;-)
>

>PS. I also realize there is a request for a Handwriting course...we could

>do a two-week course in Handwriting starting Monday, January  8th -
Monday,
>January 22nd. Anyone game? need at least three people  willing to
>participate with me...I will give you a sentence written  in SignWriting
by
>computer and we will learn to write that same  sentence by hand...and I
>will show you the techniques I would use to  write it plus create a chart

>of handwritten symbols for you on the  web...if we don't do it in
January,
>we could do it in March...one  course a month is plenty for all of us!

Are these courses over the internet or would they have to be in person?
I'd
be interested in both if I don't have to take time off work.  I'm already
planning to come to California in April... I just don't know if I'd be
able
to get the time off earlier.
Kelly Jo

Download now! Visit http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/ to enter and see

how cool it is to get Messenger with you on your cell phone.
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/