SW Handwriting Course Lesson 1 Posted!

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 9 13:23:15 UTC 2007

Cool, thanks Paul.  I thought that perhaps with this new course some of the rules might have changed, particularly if one is doing the flat hand without a finger bar with just two lines, since she gives that as an option as well.

  Charles

Paul <gebaerdenschrift at plh.lu> wrote:
  Charles Butler wrote:
Valerie, could you please post exactly what to do with the flat hand
parallel to the floor. If both the bottom and top are off, I don't see
any way to separate the extended fingers.

Charles

Hello Charles,
Valerie explained this on an earlier Handwriting-Web-Lesson, please take
a look at this link: http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/cursive/curs011.html

Paul

*

> *Horizontal Stroke Marks Hand
> Parallel With Floor
> *(Hand-Printing Only)
>
> When typing by computer, the small space at the knuckle joint that
> represents the hand parallel with the floor is typed quickly by
> tapping on a certain key on the computer keyboard.
>
> When writing by hand, creating a symbol with a space at the knuckle
> joint can be time consuming.
>
> Below you will notice that one horizontal stroke is used to indicate
> the space at the knuckle joint. It is faster to write than to write a
> perfect space by hand.
>
> This quick horizontal stroke is written after the symbol is completed,
> a little like returning to "dot the i" when writing in English. It is
> important to make the stroke horizontal, and not diagonal.
>
> Write vertical rows of each symbol below:

*
Checked by AVG Free Edition.