SW Handwriting Course Lesson 1 Posted!

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 9 17:34:53 UTC 2007

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/cursive/handwriting/symbols.html

  This page seems to imply that the flat hand with a top on it and the flat hand with no top and bottom on it are the same hand, with the same orientation, written two different ways.  Your lesson says that the second, with no top and bottom are the flat hand parallel to the floor, palm up.

  I know you have just explained, and included a lesson, but it isn't attached to the page you updated.

  I am going to try to get this lesson written and uploaded this week, but I have to use paint, not a pen.

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote:
  SignWriting List
January 9, 2007

Adam Frost wrote:
> So how is the flat hand written from the top view?

Hello Adam and Everyone!
That is a good question...smile...

I didn't put the top view of the flat hand in the lesson because I
was not sure what would be best for Handwriting, since I always use
the Shorthand symbol for that...but now that everyone needs it so
badly...I just updated this web page once again:

Take a look:
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/cursive/handwriting/lesson102.html

At the bottom of that web page, you will see all 6 palm facings for
the Flat Hand there now....you may need to Refresh your screen...

In Lesson 2 I hope to create a chart showing the same symbol in
Printing by Computer, Printing by Hand, Handwriting and
Shorthand...to give people a perspective on the choices...

But here is the summary...essentially, what I called the second
variation before, is really the way that I personally write the Top
View...

Try this and tell me if it works for you...