Vertical columns left to right...

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 10 16:16:59 UTC 2007

Now I have visions of SignWritten manga! Any artists on the listserv??
Yes, I do intend to continue writing ASL from left-to-right ... but if I
were to learn Japanese sign (which is very different from ASL! I had
Japanese Deaf roommates while at Gallaudet summer immersion in '05), then I
would write from right to left.
Flexibility is great, and I do hope that we eventually have some Asian
SignWriters on board.
Off to do my handwriting homework now ...
Kim
PS - I can't actually read the Japanese books yet, alas -- can only pick out
a very few characters here and there. But that's the fun of working for a
library, I get to be around lots of kinds of books!