teaching the kids

CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US CWren at DOE.K12.GA.US
Fri Jan 12 21:42:02 UTC 2007

Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
01/12/2007 11:14 AM
Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] teaching the kids

Cherie,

of course - they are in a ASL immersion education! :-)

how old are they, if you dont mind me asking?

Shane

On 12/01/07, CWren at doe.k12.ga.us <CWren at doe.k12.ga.us> wrote:

OMG!!!  These kids picked up SW like it was candy.  At the end of a one
hour lesson, I could write just about any sign on the board and they could
figure it out.  Today was just supposed to be an introduction, but we went
farther than we had planned because they just soaked it in.  Luckily I had
next weeks materials ready!  I am so impressed I don't know what to say!
They were all interested and paid attention well (for elementary students,
smile)  They were hollering out (in sign) words for me to write...  It was
amazing!  Toward the end, when they hollered out a sign, I would say
"where (on the body) is it?" and they would tell me if I needed a shoulder
line or a face circle.   Then I would say what handshape, and they would
show me, then I would ask how does it move, and they would show me....
They were all just as excited as they could be.  So am I!

cherie

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

CWren at doe.k12.ga.us
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
01/12/2007 08:12 AM

Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] German translation of SignText manual ;-)

The box is here, on my desk.  I have a whole hour to peruse the stuff
before we start!  ::grin::

cherie

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete it from your system.

"Valerie Sutton" <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
01/11/2007 06:55 PM

Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [sw-l] German translation of SignText manual ;-)

SignWriting List
January 11, 2007

Cherie -
now I must know...did you get the box today that I sent you Fed-Ex
yesterday to the Georgia School for the Deaf? please answer as I
would feel sad if it didn't arrive ;-) I also need to get on Fed-Ex's
case about it...so please answer this...

Regarding Stefan's book...

Stefan has been so busy doing that translation from German to
English, and I have the documents now, and it is my job to read it
through and then get Stefan's approval of my editing, and then we
will talk with his publisher, Birgit, as to how we can distribute the
English translation...

So that particular English translation is not ready yet, but it is
coming...

meanwhile you can read about the book on these web pages:

http://www.signwriting.org/germany/germany.html

http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=54.0

It was never online before...you must be thinking of other German
documents...

Val ;-)

PS. I believe I will need to cancel the course on video transcription
in February to finish the translation of Stefan's book into English,
plus finish SignBank...