Lesson 2, Handwriting Course

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 15 17:35:50 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
January 15, 2007

Lesson 2, Handwriting Course
A new web page has been created for a chart of signs, written in 4
writing styles:

Printing to Shorthand
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/cursive/handwriting/signs.html

See attached diagram...

I will add more signs to this chart as time goes by...

Val ;-)

Note: I do not know English shorthand for court stenography...that is
why there is a question mark there, in the chart for English
shorthand...There are several shorthand systems for English..Pittman
Shorthand and Gregg Shorthand are two of them...that is irrelevant to
our course, except that it shows that we did develop a shorthand for
SignWriting too...which was used in the 1980's and worked well for
jotting signs down at speed, while watching an interpreter...