Religious Literature in SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jan 16 00:27:37 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
January 15, 2007

Jonathan from Honduras wrote:
> Many of the people in our religious organization that are learning
> sign language and the deaf we are teaching will want to have some
> kind of way to write sign language as we all try to participate in
> the religious meetings either by preparing comments before hand or
> student talks which requires some way of arranging and remembering
> ideas so that they can be shared in sign language at a latter time....

Translators have just finished writing the complete John Chapter 1 in
SignWriting in ASL... I will be compiling the PDF shortly...it is
around 50 pages of SignWriting...

Other books that are being translated are John Chapter 14 and
Galatians...

Have your visited this web page?

SignWriting Religious Literature
http://www.signwriting.org/library/religion.html

There are quite a number of Bible documents already on the web!

In this year we hope to form an editing committee of Deaf signers to
edit the works, so that we can actually print small books of
different chapters...

and all religious literature is welcome...from any religion...in this
section on the web...