AW: [sw-l] Eye-Blinks

Fri Jan 19 21:16:51 UTC 2007

Hi Stuart,

well while transcribing from video I could identify the same thing - ;-)

Did you already read this lesson :

http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/elessons/less008.html

All the best

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Stuart Thiessen
Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Januar 2007 17:21
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: [sw-l] Eye-Blinks

I am transcribing a video and noticed that the eye-blinks in this video
seem significant. As far as I can tell from the Archives and the
website, we have not discussed that issue online. I am curious if any
of you have written blinks before. For now, I am thinking of just
writing it as closed eyes or two heads with one having closed eyes then
one having open eyes. Sometimes, this happens during the pause between
signs. I have noticed that in ASL, the eyeblinks can indicate almost an
end of sentence or end of thought or transition between thoughts. I
haven't studied this in enough detail to be sure of that conclusion
though.

Any thoughts or feedback on writing this?

Thanks,

Stuart