Comment and feedback for SignPuddle 1.5

Wed Jan 24 15:37:57 UTC 2007

Hi List,

I've been busy working on SignPuddle 2.  It's going well, however many
people like the original SignPuddle, so I created a special version that
will be available on the PocketPuddle.  It's called SignPuddle 1.5 and I
have a demo version available online.
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5

It works almost exactly like the original SignPuddle, but it has several
major enhancements.

First, it is easy to create new puddles.  All you need to do is enter a
title, subdirectory name, and select a graphic icon(gif or png).

Second, there is no longer a special dictionary editors page and no need
to log in.  Signs can be edited from any page.

Third, SignText has been integrated with SignPuddle.  In fact, each sign
can have a SignText document.  You can use SignPuddle to organize
SignText documents, or you can use SignText documents to describe any
sign in sign language.  There is no need to use bookmarks, just save the
document the same way you save a sign.

Forth, the Translation feature creates a SignText document that can be
saved to any puddle.  However, it no longer does the automatic finger
spelling.

I'm very excited for this new version.  I'd appreciate any feedback or
comment.

Regards,
-Steve