SignWriting Article

claudney claudney at TERRA.COM.BR
Fri Jan 26 23:20:32 UTC 2007

Hi Sergio,
good luck in your work, but I can´t agree with you when you say people in Brazil think SignWriting is not important. SignWriting is still not widespread among teachers and other professionals as we hope it will soon be but there are people working hard for this achievement.
Insisting that SignWriting is not relevant for the learning process of Deaf students (and why not for the listeners too?) help little.

Claudney de Oliveira

De:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

Para:sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

Cópia:

Data:Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:33:57 -0200

Assunto:[sw-l] SignWriting Article

Hello friends,

I am writing article about signwriting use in deaf class, this article will be to the new Magazine. But here in Brazil many peoples, teacher and linguistics, disagree if writing sign languages is really important or necessary, because today we have another medias like DVD, CD-ROM, etc, using video format. What you think about and Deaf members of DAC have what point of view ?
I want to write this more specific is possible !
My article title is “SignWriting – Why not ?”. I will explain about sign language history, Stokoe studies and notation, person of the pass that say about sign writing possible like Itard, Bebian and Alexander Graham Bell. But most important point is using sign language at moment, now. Who are using ? Is signwriting great toll for teaching deaf in new approach, bilingual approach ?
I will be many thankful to see your opinion !

Thanks,

Sergio Ribeiro
Centro Educacional Cultura Surda
www.culturasurda.com.br

E-mail classificado pelo Identificador de Spam Inteligente.
Para alterar a categoria classificada, visite o Terra Mail

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: McAfee VirusScan / Atualizado em 25/01/2007 / Versão: 5.1.00/4949
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://mail.terra.com.br/